Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Fall In Love With Cement Tile


Cement Tiles

This video will give you an idea of how much work goes into making handmade encaustic cement tiles. 



laurelberninteriors.com




If you are like most people you want your entryway to make a statement. Let me clarify, a good statement, something saying "welcome, we have awesome style here, come on in!"  I love this functional, yet sophisticated entryway.  The first thing that really pops out to me is the beautiful cement tiles!  When shopping for cement tile you will notice that a large percent of the tiles are black and white, which would be a great way to go if you are like me and love to change up your decor every few years.        

honestlywtf.com












Here is another example of black and white cement tile making a statement!  If you are doing a small area, such as an entry way or something like this sun room, cement tiles can be a great way to make that area stand apart from the rest of the house.  








homedepot.com
Circulos White
cementtileshop.com
True handmade encaustic cement tile can be expensive.  But, as you saw in the video it is a true art form!  I checked out a few sites, one in particular, cementtileshop.com, had a beautiful selection of handmade cement tiles.  The average price per tile was $6.90.  I wanted to see if I could find something more affordable, with a similar look and I found one at Home Depot for $1.97 per tile, only they were ceramic.  I will have to see in person whether or not you can see a difference, but if you want to go the authentic route of homemade cement tile you might be doing what others are doing and do a small area such as an entryway!



Casablanca
'Casablanca' part of the Moroccan collection
Diagonal VII
'Diagonal VII' part of the Pacific Contemporary collection

Alamo Black
'Alamo Black' part of the Mexican Classic collection
For those of you ready to make a statement here is a great 'how-to' video.





Thanks for stopping by!  Do you know where to find a great deal on cement tile?  What is your favorite style for cement tiles?

Brooke XOXO

6 comments:

  1. This is great Brooke...can't wait to read more. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, did you check out the rest of my posts? This is just the most recent one.

      Delete
  2. Brooke this is awesome! I love the retro 70s styles! Have you been to http://originalmissiontile.com they have an amazing design studio that you can play with and design your own :) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No I haven't seen that website before, I'll have to check it out!

      Delete
  3. I loved how you shared how they make the handmade tiles. It was awesome to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it really shows how much these tiles are actually an art piece!

      Delete